No announcement yet.

*** RESOLVED *** 403 Forbidden Errors

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *** RESOLVED *** 403 Forbidden Errors

The DOT has confirmed they have multiple applications, including CHEMS, that are getting "403 Forbidden" errors while using the applications.

They are working on it and I will post again when I learn more. For now, as with an instability, you should save entries more often than you normally would to prevent losing a whole screen full of data entries.

No update from the DOT, the "forbidden 403' errors are likely still occurring as of 3:20PM 1/8/19..

Comment

These are still happening today. I just got one when trying to review cash receipts.

Comment

No update on the issue from the DOT and the help desk ticket I opened yesterday has not been assigned to anyone yet.

Comment

Anything yet? I am intermittently struggling to run invoices. Last time, PROD2, it kicked me out of CHEMS completely. Just wondering.

Comment

The PROD #1 report server just reset. Other counties have reported disconnects and what appear to be connectivity issues.

The ticket was updated but only to say they are working on it and it is the same issue with not being able to log into WAMS.

Comment

Just as a reminder - if you are experiencing connectivity issues (whether it be on your end or the DOT) using the "Local Tables" option should help minimize the errors.

Check the box "Use a Local Copy of Lookup Data" on the welcome screen. it will take a little bit to load after you close the welcome screen and each time you log in. You can see the progress in the lower left corner of CHEMS

The one caveat is if you add a new job for example, it won't be part of that local copy so CHEMS won't find it until you refresh the local copy either from the tools menu or logging out and back in again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LocalTables.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	1710

Comment

So I am running CHEMS and got the dreaded "403 Forbidden" error and noticed whatever it was trying to do failed. This explains the increased crashing everyone is experiencing. If you get a 403 during data entry it would be quite likely the program will quit on you unexpectedly. Definitely use the "local tables" option. That will drastically decrease the number of times CHEMS has to go back to the servers.

Comment

The DOT just provided an update to the 403 problem. Here is what they sent out. CHEMS is a "WAMS" application.

-------------------------------------

To: DOT Staff
                  From: The Bureau of Information Technology Services (BITS)
                  Ticket: 1990784

Service disruption information:

DOT WAMS applications are still experiencing disruptions. We continue to work with DOA and the vendors to resolve the issue.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Bureau of Information Technology Services (BITS)

Comment

The DOT believes the "403 Forbidden" errors have been resolved as of about 4PM today, Wednesday 1/9/19.

Please let me know if you get ANY 403 errors going forward and I will let DOT support know.

Comment

The DOT sent another confirmation this morning that they believe the "403 Forbidden" errors have been resolved. Please let me know if you get any more 403 errors. The Email they sent is below.

----------------------------------------------------------------

To: DOT Staff
                      From: The Bureau of Information Technology Services (BITS)
                      Ticket: 1990784

Service disruption information:

The DOT WAMS environment remains stable. No new issues have been reported. We continue to monitor the system with enhanced logging.

Please report any further incidents to the Service Desk at (608) 266-9434 or 1-800-362-3050. Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Bureau of Information Technology Services (BITS)

Comment

Working...
                      X